It amazes me how this year has flown by so quickly. This year has been a year of growth for my business and myself.
- I have learned its ok to say “no” and focus on what is best for my business and my personal life.
- I have learned to stick to my business practices and to never stray from it. Ever.
- I have learned to stop doubting myself. I am my biggest roadblock – seriously. For anyone that knows me, I am an Extrovert. I love to meet new people. I am intrigued with what makes people tick. I think out loud – and in order for me to get over something, I need to talk it out. But when I doubt myself I don’t say anything. I don’t let my insecurities known. I am literally beating myself up inside until I implode. I have learned that the images I produce are what I consider beautiful and it is how I see beauty in this world. I have accepted that I am not like every photographer. My images are not like others – and I am FINALLY ok with that. I used to gawk at other photographers images and wondered why my images couldn’t be like there’s. But it wasn’t until my clients gave me unbelievable feedback on how much they loved my work – my self-doubt became acceptance and love.
Things I am grateful for:
- My husband – He has been my biggest supporter and motivator. He has seen my struggles, offers advice and is there to listen to me when I really need it.
- My Clients – I have had the BEST clients a girl could ever ask for! Each one of my clients has been amazing to work with! I got to learn so much about them and developed amazing friendships out of them. I am thankful they have allowed me to capture their special memories and for trusting me to tell their story with my photographs. I am FOREVER grateful!
- My parents- I am so blessed to have my parents in my life. As an only child, I am extremely close to my family. The extra measures of grace and unconditional love that my parents have showered on me is the backbone of the woman I am today. Their love is the reason I am who I am, the reason I love the way I love. I couldn’t have done a single day of 2013 without their constant encouragement and support and guidance. In the end, EVERYDAY of my life is a blessing that they are in my life.
- You! My fellow blog readers! I am so thankful for you to be reading my blog and leaving encouraging words for each session I post.
What I look forward to in 2014-
- Simplifying my life – Removing distractions, staying focused on one project at a time.
- Networking – I have connected with so many wedding vendors and fellow photogs this year. I look forward to collaborating with them in the New Year!
- Expanding & developing my business – I am working on developing my brand, creating a client experience that is fun and memorable.
- Taking time away from social media – This is huge for me! I am an avid Instagram/ Facebook junkie! When I am idle, I am on one of those social media sites. I have caught myself checking Facebook or Instagram while at dinner or even watching a movie. I know, I know – I am so guilty! I am going to gradually unplug from social media in the New Year. I may not be able to totally unplug, but at least I can schedule times of when I can be “plugged in” while maintaining a balanced life.
It feels good to reflect on and remember where God has taken me, what He has brought me through this year and where I am heading next. 2013 was a year for me to reevaluate my business, learn from my mistakes, taking all of my ideas out of my head and turning them into actions. 2014 will be a year of forward steps – and I am extremely excited to get started!
Do you have any New Years resolutions? Feel free to share some below!